Hooray, for another easy recipe from the troves of Emily Approved (read: very very easy to make & somewhat healthy) meals!
Today we’re talking Chicken Salad Sandwiches (or as Tom Haverford calls them, Sammies)
- 7oz of shredded Chicken Breast. (I used Kirkland’s Select brand – comes in a 3.5 oz can)
- 1/2 cup Mayonaise (I used light Mayo)
- A generous handful of Craisins (because they are delish, obviously)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (gives it a nice crunch)
- Whole Wheat bread (to make it the sandwich)
If you’re feeling crazy/adventurous, add some nuts and honey. I want to add some chopped pecans and a drizzle of honey on top.
Mix the first 4 ingredients (and anything else you want to add!) in a bowl. Chill in the fridge for an hour (or in the freezer for 15 minutes), then spread on the bread. You’re done!
This amount made 8 sandwiches for us, so we ate 2 each for dinner and the rest for lunch the next day. It’s apparently so tasty of a meal, that Sasha jumped out and grabbed a sammie from off Matt’s plate on the kitchen counter – so, uhhh, Dog Approved!
What do you add in your chicken salad? Any suggestions to add in mine?