Over the weekend, I was invited to a cookie exchange and decorating party. This meant that I had to actually prepare cookies to bring. I’m not exactly known for being an amazing baker, but fortune smiled upon me and a coworker shared her recipe for Peanut Butter Balls with me the day before the cookie exchange.
It was an easy, no bake cookie recipe that received rave reviews at the party, so I wanted to share it with you!
Ingredient List (for ~60 balls):
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- wax paper
- 1 large ziplock bag
- 8 oz. of butter or margarine
- 1 lb of creamy peanut butter
- 1.5 lbs. of powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 TBSP vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, melt the butter.
- Stir in the peanut butter and powdered sugar until well blended (This is honestly easier to mix with your hands than with a spoon.)
- Roll into bite sized balls and place on wax paper
- Melt the chocolate chips and oil in the ziplock baggie in the microwave. (I did four 30 second intervals at 50% power to melt all the chips, but microwave times can vary)
- Snip off a corner of the baggie (the smaller the hole made, the thinner your chocolate drizzle will be) and drizzle over the PB balls.
- Let the chocolate set. (takes about 10 minutes)
Ta-da! Eat immediately (I did) or share with friends and family!
In all reality, this is a super easy recipe for anytime you need cookies, that takes under an hour (rolling out the balls takes the longest). It would also be an easy cookie to make with young kids, or if you’re not particularly skilled in the kitchen (like myself).