It *FINALLY* feels like Fall (somewhat) here in the Carolina’s, and I for one am thrilled. I am not capable of dressing for the heat of summer. I find my talents lie in choosing layers with jewel tones, and realize that I love sweaters more than a normal person possibly should.
So the chilly mornings have been perfect for my fashion game. Not something I normally write about, but I’ve been loving my outfits so much lately I couldn’t help but want to share them with you!
Today I got to break out a sequin sweater lent to me by my friend Sarah, and pair it with my new favourite booties!
Outfit Details: Sweater: Liz Lange Maternity. Borrowed from a friend. Skirt: 14th & Union. Buy here. Shoes: Steve Madden. Similar here. Tote: Target. Buy here. Bracelet: Fitbit Alta metal band. Buy here.
I also keep getting a ton of compliments on my tote bag, which I discovered thanks to the sweet Chi Omega girls I advise at Queens University. The bag is reversible, and has been the perfect size to use at work, then swap to casual. Someone asked me “What do you even keep in your bag?” so I’m sharing that with you as well!
These are my go-to items that I have on me at all times.
1. Tassel keyring. It keeps my keys from getting lost in the bottom of my bag. I picked this one up at a boutique in Greenville, South Carolina and love how big the clip is, so it’s easy to take on and off my bag.
2. Weekly planner. I travel a lot for work, so trying to schedule doctor and dentist visits, plus client meetings can be tough. This planner lets me see a monthly view and break down things weekly. Multiple columns under each day means I have a ‘work’ column and a ‘personal’ column so I can stay on top of my shit.
3. Sunglasses. Polarized and prescription. So I can see when I am driving and look cool. At least, I think I look cool.
4. Lip balm. I’m addicted to not having chapped lips and put on lip balm obsessively. Sorry not sorry.
5. Mobile phone. Self explanitory. I went with the Plus because I love watching Netflix on it in bed, and it makes it so much easier to read and respond to e-mails. No, it doesn’t fit in my pockets. #Sacrifices
6. Wallet. My friend Megan introduced me to this brand several years ago, and my original wallet has held up so well. I love all the pockets, but it means I collect every single receipt ever in it.
What are your go-to essentials for Fall? Mine are cozy sweaters, pencil skirts, and any type of boot I can find. Plus, a large hot chocolate to sip on while I’m strolling around the ‘hood. It’s enough to tide me over until the snow makes an appearance!